Dr. Kathleen has a Ph.D. in Family Psychology. She is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC) in the state of Minnesota and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor (RPT-S) through the Association of Play Therapy. She completed her dissertation on Secondary PTSD transmission, and has co-authored a myriad of books and articles on topics such as issues of attachment, grief, loss, and early trauma for children, PTSD, as well as articles on physical and sexual abuse.Counseling Training
- Permanency and Adoption Competency Certificate (2017)
- Experiential Play Therapy (2012)
- Theraplay: Level One (2017), Level Two (2019)
- Yoga Calm (2018)
- Somatic Expressions (2018)
- Virtual Reality (2019)
- Accelerated Resolution Therapy (2020)
- Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) (2020)
Dr. Kathleen has been counseling children for thirty years. Dr. Kathleen has co-authored six books and has published numerous articles in professional journals and reference books, and is an adjunct professor at the University of Northwestern - St. Paul teaching Counseling Children and Bethel University teaching Neuroscience and Trauma Therapy.Publications: Books
- Amy Elizabeth goes to Play Therapy.
- Caleb’s Healing Story: An interactive story with activities to help children overcome challenges arising from trauma, attachment issues, adoption or fostering.
- A Safe Place for Caleb: An interactive book for kids, teens, and adults with issues of attachment, grief and loss, or early trauma. .
- Allergy Busters: A Story for Children with Autism or Related Spectrum Disorders Struggling with Allergies.
- Sensory Smarts: A Book for Kids with ADHD or Autism Spectrum Disorders Struggling with Sensory Integration Problems.
- Generational Transmission of PTSD in Military Families.